Friday, October 14, 2011

Baked Chicken & Rice

Baked Chicken & Rice **

2 C Dry Instant Rice
10 3/4oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
10 3/4oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
10 3/4oz Can Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 C Butter/Margarine
1 Soup Can Water
10 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Pkg Dry Onion Soup Mix

1. Place rice in large slow cooker.
2. Combine soups, butter, and water.  Pour half over rice.
3. Lay chicken over rice.  Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken.
4. Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
5. Cover.  Cook on Low 4-6 hours, or until chicken is done but not dry, and rice is tender but not mushy.

**OH MY!!!  HEAVENLY!!!**  One VERY WISE TIP!  Make sure you use a slow cooker LINER on this recipe or you'll be scrubbing your pot for weeks!  I also imagine it would still be good with only 1 or 2 of the types of soup if you don't have all three, but the dry onion soup mix on the top is NECESSARY!

All ready to start cooking.

See that yummy carmelization on top.  YUM!  I just cooked 3 chicken breasts but I think this recipe is better served for more, maybe double.

Oops...I dung in before I took a picture of it plated.  The rice was really yummy too!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, I would probably omit the celery soup (cause I'm allergic to celery) I will have to try this. Now, can you place frozen chicken in there or does it have to be thawed? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very rarely use thawed chicken in the crock pot...almost always use frozen! Let me know if you like it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete